Monday, February 23, 2009

Venison Tenderloin

1 to 1.5# venison tenderloin
3 garlic cloves, slivered into thirds
1 cup red wine
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
3 slices bacon

With a small knife, cut slits in the tenderloin. Insert garlic cloves. Wrap bacon slices around tenderloin securing with toothpicks. Put in Ziplock bag; add wine and teriyaki sauce and refrigerate for three hours.

Remove tenderloin from refrigerator about 30 minutes before ready to cook. Put a little olive oil in pan heat until hot. Sear tenderloin on all sides in hot pan, about 4 minutes. Cover pan and put in the oven set to 450F for 18-21 minutes for rare.

Remove tenderloin from oven, tent with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.

3 comments:

Mr. Teacher Guy said...

I used to live in colorado where we ate elk and venison everything (tacos, casserole, etc.). I miss it so much!

Gina said...

Hi Karen,
My husband likes to go deer hunting, will have to keep this in mind. Love Mexican food, looks like you have some interesting twists on dishes.
-Gina-

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide
credit and sources back to your webpage?
My blog site is in the very same niche as yours
and my users would certainly benefit from some of the information
you present here. Please let me know if this alright with you.
Many thanks!

Here is my homepage :: dictionary scrabble cheat